Saturday, July 2, 2011

Home to the U.S.

Persons and Shresthas
When it's time to leave, Andrew, Subechya, and Matt accompany me and one of the other guests, Maren, back to Tribhuvan Airport for our 11:15 pm flight to Hong Kong. (Matt is staying on to go on a 10-day trek to  Annapurna Base Camp with a hired guide. I later hear about his overnight stays in primitive tea houses along the way and encounters with large goat herds on the trail.) Andrew and Subechya will fly back to San Francisco later too.

Traveling to Nepal has been a wonderful experience! The sights and sounds of Kathmandu and Nagarkot were amazing, the food tasty, the wedding colorful and exciting, and my new relatives and the many other people I met friendly, welcoming, and very nice. I wouldn't have missed this for the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment